Does anyone have problems with Mirena?

what are the issues that you are having, symptoms?

scrapinmomma88

Asked by scrapinmomma88 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Health

• I got mine May 2010 and the only problem I had was bleeding. I bled for the first 8 weeks and now I dont have a period, occasionally I will spot but it is very very light and only last for one day.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I gained about 35lbs after I stopped breastfeeding when my baby was 15 months. I had very bad acne for a few months too. But that is about it. I have fewer migraines and very light periods now...which are both pluses in my book!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i got mine August 2009 and a couple of weeks ago I was bleeding very heavily and I actually thought I was miscarrying so I went to the ER and they told me it fell out of place...I also have extreme amounts of pain in my kidney which I dont know if it has anything to do with Mirena, but who knows! Also, my sex drive has gone out the window!! It was great for the first year no problems at all but know I regret it!
    scrapinmomma88

Comment by scrapinmomma88 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I dont have much of an issue.. I spotted off and on about every other week for 3 months but Its gotten alot better since.
    shuggsmommy77

Answer by shuggsmommy77 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i don't have the mirena but i do have the implanon and i love it!!! It's good for 3 years and i don't get periods, i havent' gained any weight and i don't get cramping at all. Implanon is a rod that is placed in your upper inner arm. They numb your arm first so it doesn't hurt. i love it and reccommend it to EVERYONE! Hope everyhting gets better for you hun!
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The easier question would be what problems DIDN'T I have with the Mirena..that IUD is evil and screwed me up in so many bad ways. I had it removed after 3 years of Mirena hell and switched to Paragard..I'm feeling amazing and back to my old self, even though I'm STILL trying to get all the Mirena weight off. I'm on here via my cell, so it's super hard to write out my.novel of issues.with Mirena..but I can always come back when I have a chance to get on the computer.

I will say this - yes, all birth controls affect everyone differently. BUT Mirena has more negative experiences than positive, and that's just going off of what I've seen on this site! Who know how many others have been screwed up from it.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Get that thing out of you asap, and if you dont have one, DONT GET ONE! They are nothing but trouble. I had horrible experiences with mine and so have many many many women. Its bad news!

nodramamama311

Answer by nodramamama311 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have nothing good to say about Mirena. I had it for a total of 3 months, then I HAD to have it removed. It caused terrible mood swings for me, to the point where I almost asked for medication. I bed for three solid months and I was either freezing cold or boiling hot. I have miscarried TWICE after having that thing removed and there is nothing wrong with me! I've had tons of fertility testing--to the tune of $2000--and nothing is wrong.

I will never use birth control pills or products again. DH will have the big V soon. I hope. Haven't asked, just assuming.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 7:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011