Disrespected.....

yesterday i spent the entire day in bed cause i have the flu and i'm on my period, we're going down to New York tomorrow morning to see my sister because she moved to Queens from Brooklyn so my hubby suggested that we go see her. the day before yesterday i spoke to her and she asked me what time we were leaving home and i told i don't know then she said to ask my hubby but i was so sick i forgot then my sister called me earlier she asked me what time we were coming? i said i don't know then she got so loud and said didn't i tell you to ask your husband what time you're leaving before i can open my mouth to say anything she hung up on me. i felt so disrespected truth be told i don't even want to go anymore but i don't want to seem so dramatic. would i be wrong to ignore her when we get to her house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• If you're going to ignore her then just don't go. Tell her you're sick. If you make the trip to ignore her it's juvenile and passive aggressive (and it never works how you want it to).
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 6:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• call her back and say you're sorry but you forgot. yes it would be childish to ignore her, you're a grown woman! family is important. feel better!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would call her and talk to her about blowing up for no damn reason and cancel the trip in my opinion. Maybe next time she'll appreciate you coming to see her and won't be so friggin childish.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I just wouldnt go
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It sounds like she thought she was being disrespected, too. Just ask dh and then call her and tell her when you are coming.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• She has a lot on her mind and a schedule. She wants to see you so has to fit you in. Respect that. She's trying. She may not think you are trying.
    Anonymous

• I'm not going to lie, I'm a little sensitve when it comes to people yelling at me for ANY reason, but especially NO damn reason....I wouldnt go...but thats me
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i wouldnt even go.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 9:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well first she is wrong for yelling and you would be wrong for ignoring her at her own house so if you are feeling this way, don't go what is she going to do but stay mad, but its unacceptable for anyone family or not to talk to you that way and she shouldn't either. I would talk to her before you go down and if she is still being rude,,,,DON'T GO.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011