I am new to autism/aspergers, now what?

My 6y/o was recently diagnosed with aspergers. He is in alternate day kindergarden as well as group speech therapy on a weekly basis and he takes martial arts 3x a week. What else do I do, are there any other programs I can get him in..taking into consideration I'm a single mom of 4 (one with CP and one with aspergers and my 10 y/o has adhd and grief issues) We just started seeing behavior source after 3 years of no luck at riley for a diagnosis. I feel like there should be something else I need to do! My 3 y/o has CP and feeding issues, he is in developmental therapy, is there more I should do there? He finished with first steps, he is only slightly delayed at the moment, but I want to do everything I can to give them the best outlook. Any advice?

dksamurai

Asked by dksamurai at 6:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I htink your doing a great job!!!! keep it up mommy!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• you sound like a wonderful Mom!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I agree with both jenn and kylansmommy!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Thank you all, I just still have the feeling there are things I'm still missing! Doesn't hurt to ask :)
    dksamurai

Comment by dksamurai (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011