Does anyone else have a Pomeranian?

I have a 1 year old brown/white parti toy Pomeranian, and I was wondering who else had a Pom. Also, do they bark/yap a lot like mine? Mine seems to bark a lot...especially at nothing lol. I love how she's super nice with the baby and all, but I don't like how she's so hyper. Hopefully, that will wear off with age. Share info about your Poms ladies!!!

mommy030507

Asked by mommy030507 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pets

• I have 3 I occasionally let my cocoa boy breed one of my girls. It is a good learning experience for the kids.They enjoy the pups and then they learn how to say goodbye. They aren't farmers like I was. They need to learn how to move on. It is healthy for the heart.
    Sunshine625

Answer by Sunshine625 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had a Pom growing up and he hardly ever barked unless he saw something he didn't like. He was also really relaxed and chill. I have a cream boy named Loki now who is just over a year old. He goes bonkers barking if he thinks he hears or sees something (whether it is real or just his imagination). I am hoping that getting him fixed soon will calm him down a tad because he is a bit wild, but he loves children to death so I don't worry about him too much.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My mom has 3 and used to have 4. (One passed away from old age recently). They do bark a LOT. They are all fixed too. I have a chihuahua/papillon mix and she barks a lot too. I think the smaller the dog, the more they bark. I do find that she hasn't barked as much since I have learned some techniques through watching the Dog Whisperer. If you poke the side of your dog lightly to turn his attention toward you while making a shhhh sound (firmly)....then he will stop barking. It takes consistency to teach him though. My dog is getting so much better and only gets in to her barking mode when someone rings the doorbell now.....so I'm putting a sign by the doorbell that says to knock lightly and not ring the bell. LOL Hopefully that will work. :-)
    nanamaja

Answer by nanamaja at 10:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2008

• we have a pom whose male and he will be 2 in feb,he is very high strung gets yappy if my dh gets too close to me and barks constantly especially when we have to leave somewhere.he likes the our kids but he is a little scared of other people. his name is stitch from lilo and stitch
    indjan

Answer by indjan at 6:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2008