Do you think ugly guys are generally desperate and therefore nicer and better relationship material?

My neighbor is going through a divorce and keeps going after ugly guys, her words not mine, because she thinks that.

She has been finding out that is not the case so far. She said she chose them because she thought they would be more down to earth, but they just seem to be jerks like all the other guys she meets.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• No
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't think you can judge anyone based on appearences
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well, first of all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what is beautiful to one can be ugly to somebody else. But no, I don't think they're desperate and therefore nicer. I do believe that really good looking people (both male and female) can have a tendency to rely just on their looks, and don't bother with having anything else to offer. Especially when we're talking teenager through 20's. I think sometimes, when you take the time to get to know somebody, they can become more attractive to you because of their personality though. But to automatically assume a less attractive person must be better relationship material? I don't think so.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I've met both.  I've met good looking guys who are extremely nice and down to earth but I've met the jerks too.  I've met men I consider to be absolutely ugly but they thought they were the shit.  I don't know, just varies person to person, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think thats a pretty shallow train of thought...and a wrong one to boot.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 7:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• What Anouck and Mrs Houston said.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Hmm i think in some aspect... MAYBE but i think it more has to do with if a guy has been hurt before it makes him ALOT nicer.. idk :p
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• try nerdy guys instead of ugly.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Awwww...that's such a mean thing to say about someone! (or a whole bunch of someones)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 7:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Looks should not matter because a lot of guys that are nice lookin are either stuck on themselves or gay.. Looks are not the most important thing. I would rather have a so so lookin guy that is kind, down to earth and caring and puts me first than one i constantly have to worry about straying, treating me less than I deserve etc. Your either a good person or your not. looks do not make you a good person
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011