Am I just acting like a child?

Okay so I had to move my wedding from May to June Budget wise and with other stuff conlficting it was the only way. But My DF's Parents and family are beginning to piss me right the eff off!! he first date I had planned May 7th they commented on how it was a day before one of their birthdays. I changed it to May (or contemplated changing it) to May 28th. They said oh thats the day after Josh's (DF's) Graduation. So now Im hoping for June 4th and it never freakin fails!! His sister comments on how thats Her pastor's Anniversery (sp?) Im sorry but if someone chooses a day shouldn't you just keep your mouth shut and say oh that great or something NOT COMPARE IT TO EVERYONE ELSES DAY. Maybe I am overreacting but its really beginning to bug the crap out of me!! Do you think i should just let it go?? or should I say something?

JordonMichelle

Asked by JordonMichelle at 7:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• i think you should get married on the day that YOU want. everyone else can just deal with it
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Do what works for you ;) It's your day!
    shuggsmommy77

Answer by shuggsmommy77 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• pick a day and don't let anyone try to talk you out of it
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Really...people should work around your day for that...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 7:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Really? Her pastor's anniversary?? And that affects her how??

Pick a day that YOU want. If they don't like it--tough crap. I know the day I picked was the anniversary of my sister's near fatal accident. My mother had an issue with it. When I talked to my sis she said "it'll will give that day a good memory and not just a bad memory, if that's the day you want, go for it"

You won't please everyone, and this is one day it's ok to please yourself.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I just serioulsy think its rude of them to keep doing this! Especially when it also involves their son!
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Choose a day that works for you and your DF. Everyone can let you know if they can make it on the RSVP's. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• forget them...its ur wedding! pick the date u want!
    tabcat816

Answer by tabcat816 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Honestly i understand your hurt but you'll have a better turn out if you keep the date that works for everyone this is don' the family change again at least family knows your willing to work with your getting married fighting with your new family is'nt good if they hate you if you get in a fight they will tell him to leave you . Good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 8:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would have kept the 1st date. So what if it's the day after someones birthday,easier for them to remember your anniversary.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011