Bald spot

my son has a big bald spot on the back of his head, but he's never on his back only when he sleeps. It makes me feel like a bad mom, but he just moves around so much when he's sleeping. Do any other moms have this problem?

prettyNpink0769

Asked by prettyNpink0769 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think all babies have one. My DD and all 6 of her cusion and all my friends kids have had them. It has nothing to do with you.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOM!!! dont worry alot of kids get it whether they lay on there backs or not. it will grow back. my child personally never had that but i know i would probably feel the same. if other moms look at you funny just look at them as if there kids have or had it too
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yes, my son is a q-ball in back. Its cute in my opinion but I love everything on him. I'd rather him have a bald spot in back than risk him sleeping on his tummy. I do give him lots of walker/belly/holding time.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My son looked like a little old man with a come over and he rarely was ever sleeping, It falls off when they move thier head back and forth in their carseat and some just naturally comes off
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My son had the same and my daughter has it now. it's no big deal, don't worry about it. It'll go away, and you're def not a bad mom!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yup, both my girls had this, and they now have full heads of lovely hair! Don't worry--it will fill in with time.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My daughter has a really bad one! I didn't notice my son having one but he didn't have much hair. My daughter on the other hand was born with lots of dark hair so it's really noticeable on her. I keep waiting for it to grow back but it won't! It's very common though. Don't worry, mama!
    shell78

Answer by shell78 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• so like does it look like a weird bull cut? lmao I love you and Brevin's bald spot=]
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008