IF YOU HAD A MIRENA IUD REMOVED...??

What can I expect? Do you bleed? Does it hurt? How do they do it?

I've had mine in for almost a yr and I just dont like it, so i'm going to call to get an app. to get it taken out. I'm just curious what to expect when I go in there. Thanks ladies.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Health

• It didn't hurt. I just felt a slight tug, and then it was out. I did experience a bit of bleeding. Not anything terrible, just light spotting. I also experienced a second period that month, which the doctor said was normal, since my body might experience progesterone withdrawal. But I had mine in for a little over 4 years, so it might be a different case with you.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It's MUCH better than when it went in!! No pain, they basically put in a speculum, use forceps (like salad tongs, but smaller) to pull on the strings, and it's out! You can feel it, but there's no pain. No weird symptoms after, either. I hope you like your next birth control better! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Also, maybe a little spotting right after, since you stimulate the cervix, and you'll shed your lining a few days later (like a period).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I had a paraguard IUD removed and it was easier than a pap. I had it for 8 years. It took about 3 minutes. Good luck
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Thanks, DH has agreed to get a vasectomy :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Comment by L0vingMy3Girls (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011