NEED INFO ON CP! Hearing Aides! Blind children...

I'm a writer working on a story where one of my main characters has a 4 yr old son with CP. The internet has done wonders for my research but I cant seem to find out exactly what I am looking for. JC is blind and partially deaf. I want him to be able to walk but not without lots of help. My bff little girl is 3 and wears splints on her legs, but this little boy needs more than that. Do they make back supports for these little tykes? What type of walker/gait trainer should I have him using? Would it be better to say he is in a wheelchair? This is an important part of my story and I'm not sure why I am being led to this but I'm just a writer...I follow where my fingers lead me. JC does die...it's part of the story...

LadyOsgood

Asked by LadyOsgood at 7:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm sorry I do not know but I have a suggestion. Check online for a forum for parents of kids with CP if you have not already. It sounds like a great book. I'm sure parents would love to know there is a book coming out that will bring more awareness to the issue. It would also be a great way to get inside information and possibly get a group to support your efforts. Good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2011