Seriously, What is wrong with this?

OK I'm so happy Apple is all about using Ipad for Autistic children.. Get a clue though.. How many of the mom's are spending so much on activities and therapies and pertinent tools and aides.. not too mention the momma's with more than one child or more than one disabled child or single moms.. C'mon. I'd love an Ipad to help my son better communicate, but his therapy is more important.

dksamurai

Asked by dksamurai at 8:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Technology

• what does a ipad do for autistic children ?
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Wouldn't it be nice if they gave you a good discount on an iPad if your child was diagnosed with Autism. Then I could see more parents getting one.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• There are supposedly apps that help with communication and sensory stuff!
    http://www.squidalicious.com/2011/01/ipad-apps-for-autism-spreadsheet-of.html
    It would have to be a seriously steep discount!
    dksamurai

Comment by dksamurai (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I know a little boy who has multiple disabilities - he's not autistic though - they scrimped and saved and got him an iPad for school (the school actually uses some programs that are compatible so it works everywhere for everyting with him) and he is doing so much better, is able to communicate with his teachers, therapists, and family better, and is so much happier. It wasn't something they could really afford, but they said it was so worth it.
    Anonymous

• I scrimp and save so my kids can do activities in the summer aside from their everyday martial arts class and the gas and parking fees, car maintenance it takes to go to riley 3x a week every week and not go broke. :) High end electronics are not in the budget.
    dksamurai

Comment by dksamurai (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011