ok my daughter who 3 is starting preschool in 3 weeks. i had her in darcare a couple years ago and decided it wasnt for her. i want to know if

any of your kids that started preschool did they give you a hard time about leaving you?

vadasmom

Asked by vadasmom at 1:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yeah all mine did. After a week or so they wanted to be there and it was no big deal.
    Anonymous

• Mine didn't. It helps if you play it up like it's so much fun, and so exciting, and a really great thing. If she sees you excited and happy, she may get excited and happy and be less likely to get upset. Tell her about all the new things she will learn and how wonderful it will be that she can then come home and show you her new skills. If it bothers you that she's going, she'll get bothered, so as hard as it is, don't let her see that. You'll both be fine. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• thanks!!! i got the biggest emotional heart for her so i knwo im gonna winde up ballin my eyes out!! lol did any of you guys cry?
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I cry on the first day of school every yr! My oldest is in 2nd, baby in pre-k. I just try not to let them see me. lol My worst was the first day for my oldest ever. My youngest kept bringing me the car keys all day and saying "go get brudder now?" with the saddest little face. Broke my heart.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My son is 3 and started preschool in August he did just fine he didn't cry or act scared at all but as soon as the bus pulled away i started balling like a baby
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 7:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• mine didnt' cry the first day but later that week yes by about the 2nd - 3rd week they usually stop crying and if you watch through the window they stop crying about 5 min. after you left (or less).
    For us mommies, the tears are off and on for years I think.
    My son started and was more then ready for daycare by 2.5 my daughter just started at 3+, every child has different needs but for her I realized that she was wanting and needing more interaction with kids her age. 2+ months later, she goes to bed telling me she misses her teacher
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• if she doesn't give you a hard time about leaving her i would be more worried. this is a NEW place with STRANGERS and strange things and it is very unfamiliar. that being said, soon she will adjust and then you will have to drag her home.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I completely agree with trepsica! Some kids need to warm up to a new situation. My son is exactly that way. It took him a while to really feel comfortable and then he took off. And like that old commercial says, "don't let'em see you sweat." Love them, comfort them, and by all means be upbeat about it all. They take their cues from you (social learning). If you're upset and crying, they think,"Oh dear God this place is worse than I thought" They don't get that Mommy is tore up when her babies struggle (same as "this hurts you more than me" - no kid gets that - every Mom does). I feel for you, it's rough; but chin up in front of the kids and have Kleenex ready in the car.
    pullinkytink

Answer by pullinkytink at 7:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• They would get upset when I dropped them off but within a week they didnt want to go home in the evening, go figure lol
    Anonymous

• OMG; When I put Jack on the bus for the first time, he was kicking and screaming. I literaly had to carry him on and buckle him in. He had the bigest tears ever. I immediatly got in my car and went to the school. When I saw him get off the bus, he was happy and talking to the aids like he knew them. I went home and cried for an hour;.
    YaYaMomof2

Answer by YaYaMomof2 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2008