Anybody heard the recall of the Mazda vehicles because of a "spider infestation??

spiderThe manufactor was saying that the spiders were spinning webs in the vent lines and causing a 'fire hazard'. I have heard of crazy recalls from tires exploding, to breaks not working, but spiders?? I think I would sue for pain and suffering with PTSD!!! LOL (jk) I do though have a horrible phobia of spiders. I would get my DH out of bed at 2am to get the spider out of the bathroom! He rolls his eyes at me and does it anyway.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That is weird.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• lol, yes I have. My sister was actually looking at getting a Mazda, she's thanking God she went with Nissan instead. She has horrible phobia of spiders too. All I have to do is say spider and she freaks out.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Zoom Zoom! haha!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Actually, yeah I heard it on the news last night, but I think they've again went too far over the other way here... the recall was because of the possibility of a spider web creating a fire hazard, not because of a spider infestation... but that is how it was worded on my local news too. Good grief....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I was just reading about this! Crazy stuff... Im glad I drive a Subaru though!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011