Have you ever dyed your hair an unnatural color?

Like pink, yellow, blue, green, bright red, purple, etc.? Did you like it? How long did it last?

I'm going pink either tonight or tomorrow. I've wanted to do it for years, and DH told me a few weeks ago that if I want to do it still, I should go ahead and do it while I don't have to worry about having a job, so my BFF (she's a few hours from having her cosmetology license) has been working on lightening it and we're going to put the pink on tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait lol. I've waited for this for years.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i colored my hair black, with purple chunks (t-zone) for my 40th..my hair was long and layered/textured..kinda rockerish. it was very unnatural..especially since i spent my weekend going to an antiques/arts show with my conservative sisters. LOL!!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I do a lot of edgy colors and styles in my salon. Make sure your hair is light enough, but not white. Hot pink will wash out really fast if it's pure white. That's the other thing, fantasy colors like to wash out, really fast. So wash with cold water and don't shampoo every day! I have purple, black, and white blonde in my hair right now! Have fun.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• not on purpose. the tube was mislabeled. it was suppose to be strawberry blonde,it turned out burgandy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I did fuchsia streaks in my hair. The rest of it was dark brown. I loved it! Just enough flash to be fun but not too much. It is still in my hair but it has gotten lighter. It has been about 10 weeks since I put it in.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 8:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Coolio!

I used to have black and I would put chunks of blue- purple or red
    I especially love the blue and black...but I'm getting older and I havn't done it in about 5 yrs.
    Now I have burgundy hair and do black chunks
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I've had my hair bright burgundy and I've also had it cranberry colored. It looked awesome with my fair skin.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 9:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I am a natural blonde, and I've had pink, purple, and a few shades of blue in my hair. Usually just streaks. I only stopped to get a job.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 9:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes i have a few times
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My sister had her hair pink for a fashion show. I've had it green but that was blond hair mixed with chlorine back in the olden days!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011