Is it my imagination, or are more members "peddling their wares"

I thought that advertising was not allowed in the answers section...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I haven't noticed an increase in peddling lately, but you are correct that it is not allowed in Answers. If you see one, you can hit the "report question" link and cafemom admin will remove it pretty quickly.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If someone asks a question to which you can answer, even if it is offering your service, that is okay. You cannot, however, solicit advertising that has not been requested, if that makes sense. For instance, if someone requests information about working at home, or clothing, etc... and you have something that can benefit them, it's okay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I can't stand when someone asks any question about money and someone has to tell them to go sell Mary Kay or Avon. Or the people that search out any chance to solicit.

I'm noticing people are answering questions with signatures with links to a website that is selling something as well! The siggy is bigger than their answer!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I report them if they are soliciting.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I report it. I had one in my inbox this morning.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I personally don't have an issue with it...
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• sooe asked for any one wanting to put up a baby for adobtion they wanted to adobt. I didn't think that was allowed on here.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011