Should alarm bells go off in my head?

I just answered my Dh's cell phone because he left it at home today. This woman asked for him and I said he wasn't here, could I take a message. She stumbled a bit and goes.."ummm hmmmm ummm no, I just wanted to ask him a question sooo ummmm bye!" Seems very weird. Would you be worried? Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• It does sound weird. It seems that she was really surprised that a woman would be answering. I don't think I'd be worried, but I think I would ask my husband who it was.

Answer by Bmat at 1:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i would definalty look into it. if she was a co worker or some one of that sort she shouldve been more professional and said who she was. i just personally wouldnt stand for that kind of phone call. i wouldve called her back and make her explain herself
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I would've called her back and demanded to know who she was and what she wanted.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• did her number come up of so call it back with a blocked number and ask for Jane when she says wrong number say oh I am sorry are you sure you dont know her this is the number she gave me maybe she will say no this is xxx phone and thats me than take it from theyre check his call records dont jump the gun though

Anonymous

• It does seem weird, but I would just ask your husband about it because it could be nothing and the lady maybe just wasn't very good (at all) at conducting herself on the phone. If it's nothing, your husband will surely tell you that and explain. Don't jump to conclusions, just bring it up and talk to him and see if you can figure out the deal. Good luck.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• if the number came up. write it down. check his call log and texts. that way you can find out if it is someone he regularly talks to. if he deletes his stuff then cross check the phone bill. it may seem like a lot of work, but it will give you answers. i keep seeing excessive texts and IMs on my hubbys bill from his ex. but before i confronted him, i read some of the messages, and basically she was begging him to take her back and he said he was happy with me :) make sure he's at fault before you accuse.
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 1:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I am a really suspicious person, and i would do something similar to what anon did.....except this is what I would do:

I would check his previous statements from his phone bills and look for that number. How often do they talk? Who calls who more? Etc.
    Then when I spoke to him next, I would ask "Whose number is xxx-xxxx?" and wait for him to either answer truthfully, at which point I would let it go because he is being honest, OR when he says "I don't know" or something similar to that, I would tell him that's really funny because they seem to talk a lot.

But then again thats just me :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Maybe it's something about a surprise Christmas present...ever think about that?
    Anonymous

• Get the # she called from and do a web search for info on WHO she is. If it's someone YOU know causally, or dont know at all then Id be worried. Hell Ide be worried regardless cause it all sounds mighty suspicious.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• U should be a little concerned, but if u really want to know what's going on, then go to the source which is your husband. It's no point to play on her phone or attack her because that's just childish, it wouldn't solve anything, and plus she could make up anything just to piss u off.. It could be nothing, so just ask your man about it.
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2008