This is my facebook status in support of a good friend of mine, please read!!

Next time you see a child "misbehaving" or hear a child screaming, please stop and think "could that child have special needs or sensory issues?". Please spare a thought for the child who struggles to stay calm and regulated and for the parents who are constantly stared at, judged, and criticized. *Make this your status in support of families living with AUTISM and SPECIAL NEEDS.*

I know this isn't a question, but it is definitely something to think about. Thank you :)

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Good point!!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My daughter threw a fit on her way out of the store the other night because she couldnt get out of the cart to sit on all the chairs at babies r us. Every single person in the store turned to look at her. All I could think is are all these pregnant women really first time moms that they would stare at a screaming child? Most people I know that have had kids before would maybe look over to make sure the child was not hurt but would not stare. I heard a child screaming once and the only reason I really got involved was because the mom was beating the living daylights out of her child in wal mart. Even then I got a store manager, I was not taking my kids near that. Typically I would have because I am required to report that stuff but I at least know that I got someone that could handle it without putting my children in danger
    mrssmitley1210

Answer by mrssmitley1210 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Thats something most dont think of.. Thanks for sharing.
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I wish there was a like button. My little brother has autism and bi polar. He's gotten better with the right care but he still has his fits and poeple wile just look at us funny. I've wanted to smack some people but I know it wouldn't help
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have looked to see whjy a baby or child is crying, but have never stared or thought of staring. There are all sorts of ignorant people out there, nothing you can do about it and it's a shame.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011