Is my mom not telling me something about my past?

I'm so confused. I trust and love my mom very much. We have a great relationship. I was not raised by my bio dad. I was reunited with him and his family a few years back.
From what I understand, my parents were married, lived in New York, and I was three months old when they divorced and my dad moved to Florida. My mom moved to CA when I was 10 months old.

I have been talking to dad's family members on FB that are telling me all kinds of stories about when I was two, or when I was a baby. But I have no clue who these people are, and if all my facts are right I don't know how some of us even crossed paths(different states, ages etc). One distant cousin SWEARS she used to babysit me. Another cousin remembers how I was when I was a toddler. What is going on? How is this possible?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask the cousin and your mother. See if there are any discrepencies.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I did. My mom tells me the same thing.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• There are many possibilities; you need to go to your mom for facts...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I asked her who these people were and she says she's not sure.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• sounds like she might be hiding something. do these people have any pictures? could they tell you maybe why your mother would want you to think you were so young vs being a toddler and all?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• sounds very odd but why lie?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Did your dad cheat on your mom with someone else around the time you were conceived, that he maybe had that other child around more and led his family to believe it was you?
    Anonymous

• yes, my dad did cheat, a lot. Good point anon. You never know. He's got a lot of kids. It was his MO if you know what I mean! I just called my mom and asked her again. She truly has no clue what I'm talking about! I am thinking they may be thinking of my sister Susan who is 6 years younger than me. I don't think my mom is lying to me. This is interesting.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Until last Dec I hadn't seen or heard from my dad in 15yrs. I found out he'd been lookin for my bro & I & so had his sisters & their kids. Since then they've told me shes lied about alot my mom has told me over the last 15yrs. I'm kinda in your boat!
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 11:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Is there anybody else in your family that might know any other information? You could do a little detective work online using your father and your mother's names to see if there is any other information that you are not aware of. I do admit something doesn't sound right.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2011