Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Long story short...

my kids' dad is a big loser, but the courts are very uncooperative in the county where our case is, I'm in the process of trying to get the case changed to where the kids and I live, among a few other things. So lately he's posting pictures of assault rifles laying around his house, there is NO food in his fridge, just a keg, and a bunch of other stuff which I won't go in to...I don't think it's quite negligence, but I can't think of the right word, and I'd really like to get everything in order and soon, before they have to go there...any suggestions on what I can call it? Has anyone dealt with this kind of irresponsibility with the other party?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • If it's exactly as you've stated, I sure as heck would call it "negligence"! No food in the fridge---what if the kid is hungry?! Assault rifles lying around---Kid could grab these and use them. A keg around---kid could drink it... etc... How can that not be negligence?!

    Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • I'd find a lawyer, too

    Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • child endangerment, leaving guns laying around. I'd make sure I had a good lawyer, would be great to have pictures too, Courts always like proof, word of mouth is usually just that word of mouth.

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • What we might call it could be different from what the law calls it. Consult with an attorney. (Legal Aid might help or a Domestic Violence Shelter Counselor)

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • i can't afford an attorney, and it's even harder because where the case is managed is around an 8 hour drive from me...i have all the pictures because he is dumb enough to post them all over the place, so i have them all saved and will print them out. so, child endangerment and negligence, thanks ladies, i've had a bad day and can't think straight!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • Call CPS and tell them your concerns about your child's father. If they find out that there are guns and no food, I think it will all be in your favor. You have a right to worry about your kids.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.