Mother in-law babysitting

There are certain routine that I want my son to follow during the day, eat, play, some tummy time then maybe a nap if he falls asleep. My in-law just hold him all day and sit there watch tv, and she love to use pacifier. I told her couple of time don't use pacifier b/c I don't want him to wake up at night wanting to suck on it. Once she comes over she put the pac on right away and he's not even crying. She doesn't let him do tummy time (she think it's painful) or even play in his gym. She just keep holding him try to get him to sleep even he's awake. When I was home with him, he loves to play in his gym and his toys, now he just sleep all day. Maybe I'm just over reacting, but I just don't like her way.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go over it with her. Give her a schedule you would like her to work with. If she refuses, you might have to find a different day care.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Pay a babysitter that will do it your way. Grandma is going to do what she wants regardless of what you want when you are not around.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I am the mother-in-law and I do the babysitting, but I follow the rules of the parents. So if you don't like what you've got, find something else.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Get someone else. She is not going to listen to you .
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• She will not change and it sounds like she may not be into watching him anyway if she wants him to sleep all of the time. Look for someone else!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• She's the grandparent first, not a babysitter. Get a real babysitter and tell them the schedule you would like to follow. She may not like it, but you have two choices, let her do what she wants or get a babysitter to follow the routine you want followed.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2011