Is it safe to treat a UTI when TTC?

I am trying to conceive and my Boyfriend and we have been having intercourse a lot since it is my fertile days. Today I feel as though I might be getting a UTI. Is it safe to treat a UTI while trying to conceive?

Cam76

Asked by Cam76 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, its safe.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It would be unsafe not to treat it. UTIs can cause miscarriages if left untreated.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Forget about TTC and take care of yourself! A UTI is nothing to laugh at, you could end up with a kidney infection.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Worry about your health, not TTC. Talk to your Dr about the UTI. left untreated it can cause major kidney damage or failure. In early pregnancy you can take antibiodics, but not later in pregnancy. So see the Dr and let God worry about you concieving.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It's safe to treat it. I have a ton of UTI's when I was in the very early few weeks of being pregnant, and the doctors said it was fine to treat them even then. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon--- UTI's are miserable!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 2:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Thank you so much everyone. I was going to treat it no matter what, because I know how dangerous they are. I have only had one other UTI in my life and I know it's because my boyfriend and I were having sex a lot during my fertile days and I was not going to the bathroom right away, like I usually do, to increase conception. I did treat it and I feel so much better, but it was quite painful. I did just want to know if I should not keep my hopes up because I was afraid that might ruin my chances of conceiving. Thanks so much.
    Cam76

Answer by Cam76 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008