Laptop - what do you have/recommend?

I've had my toshiba laptop for a few years and really like it. I'm looking to get a new one though and not sure what to look for.

csmsand

Asked by csmsand at 9:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Technology

• I have a dell. I constantly get popups with a pop up blocker, and it wants to update my computer every other day. quite annoying.
    tayshu4

Answer by tayshu4 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• toshiba is a great brand
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 9:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• NOT Dell. Their tech support, on a good day, are liars, hard to understand through their THICK accents, condescending, don't listen to you, know-it-all jerks.

We had a laptop from them that constantly had problems and they kept trying to convince us that it would take 3-5 business days to ship it from Seattle to Nashville, get it fixed and ship it back, all standard ground. My husband works for a shipping company and it takes 3-5 business days ONE WAY.

Never again will I buy a Dell. Bestbuy.com has a laptop comparison tool that's fun to play with. http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2008/com/pcon/laptop/laptop_test/laptop/LaptopConfigurator.html

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I had a Sony Vaio that was great right up til my son got ahold of it. Now I have an HP and while its good now, its been in the shop twice since November and the problems it had are VERY common. But their customer service has been great! My husband has a Dell and we had SO many issues getting that to him! I will NEVER buy a Dell again. He also just bought a Toshiba that has been fantastic! So Id stick with Toshiba.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• HP. We actually have 2 of them - on is almost 6 years old, we ordered it from a good store, paid a good chunk of money for it, and it has been awesome. The second came from Wal-Mart about 2 years ago - we have not had a problem with it other than the wireless internet, which once DH figured it out, was an easy fix. We just purchased a 3rd HP for our business - it will be used mainly for powerpoints and such. We're looking to replace our 1st laptop with a desktop, and we're actually considering a change - it will either be HP or Mac. I have a friend that loves her MacBook.
    Anonymous

• I've had a Sony Vaio before, and I liked it a great deal- it was really neat. I have a Dell now that I've had for about a month, and I LOVE it! It has been perfect for me:)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2011