Any Suggestions Would Be GREAT!

I have been in what I am calling a "Funk" since February 25th. I don't want to be around anyone in fear of just being mean to them. Anytime someone talks to me I have been super rude and opinionated even though I am trying super hard to be thoughtful and nice. I am in such a bad mood I don't even want to be around myself. I just want to shut myself in my room, turn the TV up real loud so I can't hear anything, and eat a gigantic bowl of chocolate ice cream. I don't get time to myself which may be contributing, I may be pregnant (I have really rough pregnancies mentally and completely go off the deep end so much that I have what my doctor calls "mini seizures" because I will flip on someone then not remember it). But since being alone is not an option, what else can I do to be relaxed and normal?? I have tried teas and just sending the kids to their rooms to play which I hate doing. Not even a back rub helps:( HELP!!

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 9:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Health

• I am so glad you posted this I have felt the same way but not as long as you have. It's real hard to make yourself to get moving when you can't. Sink down for a few then ask yourself "what have I accomplished today?" If you feel hopeless then call a friend take a walk. Please find you Will Power and do something for yourself....
    or call your doctor and tell them your sign see what they say....
    I wish you luck My thoughts and prays are with you.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Talk to your doctor. Anxiety sometimes has symptoms like that, also depression......or hormones. Good luck!
    tayshu4

Answer by tayshu4 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• When I am putting my little ones to bed, and the lights are turned off, I play meditation music. I close my eyes . . . and after they are asleep, I breathe and enjoy the rest of the CD. It is the only tine I am ever "alone" . . . . and helps sooooooooooooooooooo much because I can get pretty crispy after a whole day of cleaning, wiping bottoms, and dealing with tantrums.

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Take a little mimi vacation for the weekend go to a hotel that has a spa. Just get away for a little while be alone. Oh ok a back rub doesn't help ok minus the the back rub.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• How are you doing on sleep? When I am in a bad "sleep debt", nothing anyone does agrees with me. I get to where I just want to do nothing and lay down all day long.

And what about diet? I get the same irritable way when I am not eating right. This is especially true, for me anyway, when I have too much carbs and not enough of healthier things.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Mini seizures? I think your doctor may be wrong. I have the same behavior and it's called Borderline Personality Disorder.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I think you need to be on medication. It's not normal behavior and it doesn't do you or your children any good.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 11:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I am always sleep deprived-I have narcolepsy. The drugs that are meant for narcolepsy are horrible so I only take them when absolutely necessary.
    I am not a doctor, I am just repeating what mine said. It only (so far) has happened while I am pregnant. Otherwise I am (normally) normal. I will research that disorder to see how the symptoms match mine.
    I have actually started eating a lot healthier, better portioned meals. Maybe that is it?
    Good thought on reflecting on accomplishments because now that you mention it I don't accomplish anything. I sit at a desk 8 hours a day pushing paper, get home make dinner, eat, give baths to kids, play or watch TV for half hour to an hour then it is bed time.
    I cannot think of anything going on that isnt typical.
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I hardly think a 2 week long mood is worth medication. I think the best medication right now is prayer.
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• talk to your doctor about this if you haven't already
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2011