Has anyone heard about the target britax fiasco?

A bunch of moms ordered some car seats and didnt get them due to a pricing error. Anyone else heard this story? Do you think its as lame as I do? Time to move on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• They should honor it. It was their error. I heard they had some at some ridiculously low price like $38. Those things go for wayy more then that. I have one. I would have been suspicous.
    Anonymous

• yeah I heard about it. I would be mad though if I where a parent that ordered it and then due to an error on Targets part they can't get it. I think that Target should of given carseats to every one that paid or just refunded the money. I find it screwed up that some still got the car seats and others did not. But yeah I do agree it is time to move on. Find another car seat.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I heard about it in the journals. If it would have happened to me, I would be just as pissed as those poor women. Target should honor the price and get over themselves.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• From what I'm understanding, these carseats run at least $150 over the advertised price. I'm not surprised that Target didn't honor it... that's a lot of money for a company to eat. Even a huge company like Target. Sometimes when something seems to good to be true, it really is.
    Anonymous

• i think the poster of this question should move on your not mad cuz it wasn't your money. they did look into it further some of them even called the store to ask if the pricing was right and they were told yes. then some of them got emails later after they had already ordered that said it was a pricing error. it is not their fault they were not the irresponsible ones that is in the hands of target and they should get the carseats for the cost that was originally posted. i hope they all ban together and sue target
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• People were being greedy. They weren't all parents trying to get carseats for their children. Some people were ordering insane amounts of them to turn a profit on ebay. A company shouldn't go out of business due to a typo on a website. Our economy is already struggling - do you realize how many people could potentially be out of work due to this? There were THOUSANDS of carseats sold at the wrong price. A financial hit like this could very well take out a major company.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• AMEN GINGER.If this is the worst thing that happens to you in your life than concider yourselves blessed.To many people are always looking for a way to sue for money,our economy is getting worse and worse.,we need to help business like these,that provide things we need for everyday life.They are going out of business everyday,and will continue to do so.I agree the error was their mistake,but as long as you got your money back,what was hurt.Knowing it was a mistake,if you was an honest person,you would'nt be upset.
    Anonymous

• We wonder why businesses are going out of business.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• oooh poor women couldn't manage to rip off big bad target. come on. how do you feel when someone makes a point to screw you over when you make a mistake? now multiply it by a few thousand. sound fair?
    besides those sites have a disclaimer that they can decline sales when a misprint occurs. yeah it's a bummer, but that stuff happens.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Then move on, why are you even bringing it up? So you can sit around and talk about how lame it is...sounds like fun.
    Anonymous