How did your kids do their 1st night in bunk beds? Mine did this: (photo)

this is what I walked into at 8am .... sometime in the middle of the night someone missed someone a little too much apparently.  Oy..... but at least they don't fight.   I think I have another 6+ months before this transitions from cute to creepy.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• mine did the exact same thing! Still do actually, i have 2 sons, ages 3 and 4. My youngest always wants to be in my 4 year olds bed. I always ask my 4 year old if its ok if his brother lays with him. If he says no, then my youngest goes to the bottom bunk, and if he says yes, i let him climb on up!
    tayshu4

Answer by tayshu4 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LoL .... both of my kids still sleep with me in my bed .... we have bunk beds right now ( for looks i guess) ... and my husband has actually slept there more than the kids ( he sleeps on the edge of the bed and so he usually gets kicked out by our daughter lol..
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my son kinda has a bunk bed, it has a fort underneath with a slide from the top bed to the floor. but he doesn't share it yet :(
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• so sweet!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Aww, that's cute. My girls just got bunk beds last month. They are 10 and 8. Both girls did fine but their 4yo sister refused to sleep in her bed and instead slept on the bottom bunk with the 8yo.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My daughter doesnt share her bunk bed yet but we're hoping when DH's daughter comes to visit the top bunk will finally have a resident
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• What a great picture! Even though someone always thinks the top bunk is the best! They usually move it down to be with their sibling. Eventually they won't be interested in sleeping in the same space!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My two oldest boys did the same thing in theirs..we eventually had to take it apart and make it 2 beds because they decided not to go to sleep like they were told and my oldest fell off the top bunk and broke the bootom part of his radius (lower arm bone) right by the wrist...because of where it was he had to have a full length cast for 6 weeks but luckily got it off just in time for his birthday!
    mamacam7

Answer by mamacam7 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• lol, bees. We have a bedroom that will eventually be for one of them alone but for now it's their formal playroom with lots of BIG stuff (a kitchen, a train table, blocks, etc) because they have this need to be around one another.... they separate fine for activities, school, etc but during downtime they're always together. Splitting rooms would break their hearts. Getting them to not bathe together was hard enough. (I sometimes still allow it, in swimsuits, because bubbles are apparently more fun with a sibling)

I didn't know how bunkbeds would go.... but this was the last thing I expected.
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011