Does anyone know anything about wireless routers and Playstation 3's?

I have a Netgear WPN824 v3 router that used to connect to the PS3 just fine. My husband took the PS3 to a new room last night and it said he was unable to connect to the internet and had a DNS error. Today the PS3 was moved back down to the living room where the router and computer are located. Now, instead of a DNS error, we cannot obtain an IP address or we cannot find the access point(SSID). I get both errors, but not at the same time. No clue what the heck happened. How do I fix this?

jazztastic

Asked by jazztastic at 10:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Technology

• My husband has been having problems with his wireless access point on his PS3 as well. He was on the phone with tech support and the only thing that they found out it could be is that maybe the wireless receiver on the PS3 is broken. They do have a tech support, though. It's worth a shot to call them. :) They were very helpful and nice to my husband.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011