Is your advice

for relationship questions different for those that are married vs. those that are living with their SO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Most certainly not. I judge all relationships fairly, not by who's taken vows and who hasn't.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• No its all basically the same thing. You are living with the person right? LOL

Answer by gemgem at 1:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• No, I don't judged based on martial status. I think that a long term relationship is essentially the same thing as a marriage, and I think that it should be given some credit, lol. Now, if you have known the man two days before you move in together, my advice would be different. But in most cases, no, I generally run the same in similar situations.

Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Not usually, but I guess sometimes it is. It really depends on the "tone" of the question. If I get the feeling that it is a marriage without the paperwork, I answer as if they are married. If its a question like "My baby daddy lives here but plays video games and goes out drinking all the time blah blah blah", I don't consider that a marriage-like relationship. If someone is married and has a question like that, I would answer it differently. Its not so easy to get out of a marriage (and shouldn't be) as it is to get out of a bad relationship.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the nature of the question asked. Married or living together the advice is basically the same. The same relationship rules should apply unless your the Mistress or other woman.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Depends on the topic. If it is with regards to your relationship: same. Regards to your finances: different (I just believe a non-married woman should protect her assets). Raising kids: same. YOu see where I am going with this. :)
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• no. it's not different for homosexual vs hetero relationships either. it's not different for teens vs older women either.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2008