Dying hair

I really really wanna get my hair done on Tuesday ( my sister is a hair dresser) I really want some low lights & a few high lights. Im 26 weeks pregnant . is that ok?

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's perfectly fine! Foils are even better, they don't make contact with the skin. I'm a hairstylist and have 4 kids. Coming from this chemically dependent momma, I've done all the homework. It's fine. Have fun!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If you're just doing the highlights and low lights, that's just fine. Those don't sit on the scalp the same way a full dye job does. Make sure the room is fully ventilated. The biggest risk is during the first trimester. I know I got my hair done twice while I was pregnant. I tried to at least space it out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The only concern I would have is the dye not holding because of your hormone levels. Other than that, it's perfectly safe to dye your hair. Like PP said, just make sure there's good ventilation wherever you're getting it done.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yay, I did it when I was pregnant... Like one said, the chemicals are all on the foil! Good luck!
    PartywithRosie

Answer by PartywithRosie at 10:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• ok thanks ladys!!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Color stays just fine when you are pregnant, the only issues I've seen with pregnant clients is elevated body tem which makes everything process super fast! LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'd skip the exposure but that's just me. Call your OB to verify that its o.k, which they most likely will.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I got them when I was about 2-3 weeks pregnant, but I didn't know I was pregnant. I wouldn't have done it if I had known though.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011