How do i get infant poop stains out clothes

my sons diapers leak and two sleepers are stained. i washed them right after to no avail. he is bf

Asked by Arretsmomma5 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you've already run them through the dryer, it might be too late, but you can try using Resolve Laundry Stain Remover. It used to be called Spray and Wash, and it's the one that I've found works the best. I've managed to get a few "set" stains out with it.

Answer by makelineerror at 10:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Try pretreating right away, dont let them sit in the hamper. Oxi gel stick works well, so does the Oxi stainlifter or shout. Spray it on, rub it in, let it sit for 20 mins and into the wash with warm water.

Answer by leksismommy at 10:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• When my LO was that young I actually soaked all her stuff in laundry soap and sun oxygen cleaner (works better than oxi clean) in the washing machine for 30-60 min and then I would drain and run with the same combination and took out 99% of our stains.

Answer by coala at 10:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• if u can get to it right away, Shout works for me. Or even dawen dish soap w/bleach on white clothes or real light colors. Spray in Wash in the red bottle (can't remember name) is great for green poop! But the Oxy stuff I found works good too. Oxy is better with the poop then most anything else.

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The only product I use for stains isn't even made for clothes. I use Dawn Direct Foam!!! So far, it has removed every stain I have used it on. From burnt motor oil to blood. And yes, it took out baby poop from my grandson clothes!!! I don't use any thing else anymore. Good luck!

Answer by dalene66 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• oxi clean does the trick for me!!!

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I use Shout. Immediately after I take the clothes off of him, I drench the area in shout and then I either throw it in the washer (cold water) or soak it in a container of cold water if I can't put it in the washer right away. Don't dry until you're sure the stain is gone.

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I just hang stuff in the sun. That gets the poop stains out of cloth diapers.

Answer by ecodani at 12:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I soak all of my clothes that have ANY type of stain in mean green... It works wonders even if the clothes have been dryed several times, it work great on my 8 month old's poop stained clothes too... soak overnight was in the am it will sparkle. I keep GALLONS of that stuff on hand.

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2011