Flu shot

ok, yesterday I went to the doc. and they talked me into getting the flu shot. I am 26 weeks & 4 days pregnant. Did anyone else get a flu shot , or what do you think about it?

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I dont get the flu shot, pregnant or not. But its up to you
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I personally never get or have gotten the flu shot for myself or my kids. I wash my hands, eat healthy and rarely get sick so it seems unnecessary to me.

Some people feel differently. I've known plenty of women who have gotten the flu shot when they're pregnant and everything has been just fine.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• seriously they are still pushing the shot!! its almost spring wats the point!!!! ive never had a flu shot and ive been just fine! but its up to u!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The shiots are not tested for pregnant women. I don't feel they are proven safe because no testing is done.

I never get flu shots. I rarely get sick.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I skip them.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I don't get flu shots, pregnant or not. Our bodies have amazing immune systems when we let the function properly. The flu shot only protects against 1 or 2 strains of the flu, it puts your immune system under stress because it's not designed to gain immunity in this manner, and it introduces your body to some heavy toxins.

Did you know that vitamin D can kill the flu virus? There has been plenty of suggestion that because we don't get sufficient sun during the winter is the reason the flu runs so rampant.

My family doesn't get vaccinated and doesn't freak out about germs and we are the healthiest family I know.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I never get them.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes i was really unsure, but she just kept reassuring me how i'd need it and if the baby or i got the flu how bad it would be. I;ve never had it before...... but now i have lol , ouchy!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011