Cake Balls

Has anyone ever made them? I found a recipe online but it looks quite time consuming. Any input on the subject? Do they travel well or does the chocolate coating melt rather easily?

NickLukeandEmma

Asked by NickLukeandEmma at 11:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The chocolate didn't melt too easily on mine. It really don't take as long as it seems. I've also done it with a mixture of cookies and cake. That made them a little firmer.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 11:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The cake group will be of great help to you: http://www.cafemom.com/group/549

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• IMO, they're only time consuming if you go in-depth with the decorating. I though they went fairly fast - bake the cake, crumble it up, mix in frosting, roll into balls, and dip. Mine traveled well. If you use candy melts, they don't melt too quick but I wouldn't leave them sit in the car or anywhere they'd get warm.
    Anonymous

• I make them and they are a bit time consuming. Once the chocolate or candy coating sets up it travels well. go to http://www.bakerella.com/ for ideas, tips, recipes, etc.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 11:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Awesome. I might attempt them this weekend! Thanks for the help ladies and keep it coming!

NickLukeandEmma

Comment by NickLukeandEmma (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have a friend who makes them and says they are quite time consuming, but as someone who has tasted the final product I say they're totally worth it!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't even know what they are and I cook/bake quite often
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 4:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011