My 7 years old daugther

what u guys do after u cook lunch and i make the salad,,, and when everyboday came to eat one of your kides said i didnot want this food,, i want something alse to eat. DO u guys give your kid something asle or u get made?? (i got really made and i forced her to eat what cooked and what everyboday going to eat)

lelly1019

Asked by lelly1019 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I tell our boys this isn't a restaurant, so they will eat what I make no matter what. Thankfully our boys have never refused to eat, I guess it's because they know they won't get away with it. They aren't forced to eat, they are expected to eat what the whole family eats.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't get mad but I'll get frustrated. I tell them that if they're hungry and they want to eat then they'll eat what is offered to them or else they'll go hungry.
    They usually eat it although there are faces made and fake gagging sometimes. Lol.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• acutally this what i mean furstrated and made. I really heat this when one of them does this
    lelly1019

Comment by lelly1019 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My son likes to tell me that too. He's 17. I tell him either he eats what I fix or he can do without. You shouldn't have to fix something different for every person, you would be in the kitchen all day.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I guess sometimes it depends. If my son seems not to want to eat something I do not believe in forcing a child to eat. I know later on he will be hungry and then I will just simply make him something else. Not everyone likes to eat the same thing. I believe as long as he tries the food that is important he will then learn if he likes it or not. However, if I know it is something that he likes and he refuses to eat it at that time, I simply wrap it up and allow him to eat it later.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I don't force. I say - There are two things on the menu tonight - Eat it or go hungry. Sounds kind of harsh, but they learn to eat a little of this or that instead of going hungry.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My kids are very picky eaters, if I know they won't eat what I am making they get a sandwhich or something easy like that.
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 3:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I do not ever force me children to eat something they don't like. I was forced to eat things as a kid that I did not like, so I will not do it. Plus as adults, we don't eat foods we don't like, why would we make our kids? I will make them try it and if they say they honestly do not like it, I let it go. If I am making something I know they do not like, then I will have another choice for them. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Now, with that being said, if it is something I KNOW they like and the just come in and don't want to eat it and say they don't like it just because they don't want it....then they don't eat. Missing one meal will not hurt them and if they are truly hungry they will eat it.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm not a short order cook. My MIL on the other hand...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No, they do not get another menu choice. Eat what we have on the table or eat the next meal. They also have been taught to say thank you for dinner every night. It is important for them to appreciate that they have food provided to them when some children do not.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011