Attitude

My husband and i were talking about grandparents bragging about grandchildren my parents di it and fil does too. I have two kids from a previous marriage that have no contact with their father nor his family. My dh stated that all grandparents do this and i told him that it wasn't true. How can a grandparents bragg about a grandchild they don't know? He got all pissed off and gave me attitude. This happened last nights. I think he thought i was thinking about mil since she doesn't come around either. I didn't say anything to him and we didn't talk at all today. He came home ate and went upstairs. Should i ignore him too or tried talking to him? I know i can be stubborn but sometimes its hard for me to give in if not at fault. Thank you ladies for taking the time to read this.

morenarfr05

Asked by morenarfr05 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I would just try to downplay the comment and move past it. Just let him know you were talking about your parents and didn't mean anything by it (both true, if I'm reading it right) and then try to talk about something else. I don't think there is a need to apologize, and there is no way you will always agree with each other on everything. This isn't something I would let my pride or stubbornness take over.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Why waste the energy fighting? Go explain to him what you were talking about. It is really a dumb reason to be arguing.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• blank stareCall me crazy, but how can grandparents that don't have any contact with their grandchildren brag about them if they don't know them? How can you brag on someone that you don't know?

amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• That's why i don't understand he got upset my parents are in my kids life. They see them they call them. They make it to evry football game school event bdays holidays etc. I think he took it personal and thought i was talking about his mom.
    morenarfr05

Comment by morenarfr05 (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I do all the above, Notes, Dates, give hugs go on day trips and keep in happy in the bedroom. We try new things we both like and sometimes it's hard but it works.
    We call each other at least 3 times aday when were either at work or play just to say I Love you.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It sounds like he got his feelings hurt, I would just talk to him if he's sulked for a while.
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 7:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• touchy touchy touchy. Just tell him you were talking about your parents and leave it at that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2011