What songs do you sing to your children?

One of my favorite parts of being a mom is singing to my baby girl. What songs do you sing to/with your kids?

sydash11

Asked by sydash11 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• We will sing anything and everything. My 4yo DS's new favorite song is Superstition by Stevie Wonder! LOL!!!
    Before that it was Georgia on my Mind by Ray Charles.

We sing kid sons as well. Twinkle twinkle little star, ABC's, etc..a bunch of little ones my mum sang to me when I was a baby that apparently only Scottish people know. Haha!!!

There is always music on in our house and lots of dance parties. I like to give them a variety of different kinds of music to listen to so that they can form their own likes and dislikes.

Both of them though, when they were first born(and even now when they'll let me) I would sing Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks when I was cuddling them before bed.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I sing "Your My Little Stink Stink".  I made up an entire song about my little ones pooping and getting their diapers changed, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Elvis' In the Ghetto, and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" mostly older songs that I know all the lyrics too. Strange for a child, I'll admit. lol!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• we sing twinkle, twinkle little star.. ABC's.. itsy bitsy spider

every night before bed i sing her you are my sunshine
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skys are grey, You'll never know dear, how much i Love you please dont take my sunshine away.

Let the sunshine in, face it with a grin, open up your heart and let the sunshine in....

I love you, you love me...(.you know, the barney song lol)

you mean the world to me,... baby baluga,.... and a few others. we used to like to dance around the living room singing. lol sounds corny but they loved it.
    jstme774

Answer by jstme774 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I sing that song "Valerie" I don't know who originally sings it but I first heard it from Amy Winehouse....and yeah yeah she's a druggie or whatever but the song is cute and the girl can sing
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• "I'd Like To Visit The Moon" (by Kermit) was his first lullabye. Since then we've also added "Baby Mine" (from Dumbo), and "St Judy's Comet" by Paul Simon. And of course "You are my sunshine"

And then I sometimes sing whatever is on my mind... and the normal kid songs (ABCs, Itsy Bitsy Spider, etc.)
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my mom always sang "winkin, blinkin and nod" and "all the pretty little ponies" as soon as i start singing my son stops crying (if he is) and just listens and cuddles, which he never does so i make sure i sing to him ever night during this age cuz i know it probably wont ask long :)
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would make up my own songs to sing to them.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011