Have you ever dyed your hair red? What was your experience?

I did once, and liked the look, but other people either liked it a lot or not at all.

My hair wouldn't hold the color ~

tasches

Asked by tasches at 11:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, I did and it lasted about 6 months!! I have never gotten so many compliment as I did when I was red headed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I can spot fake red hair a mile away. Sorry, but I think it only looks good on natural reds! And it is THE most beautiful hair color ever!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• When I get my hair colored, I do a two color weave, red and blonde. If you go to someone that knows what they are doing, and choose the right shade, your hair doesn't turn orange when it fades. I have been having my hair in this color scheme for 8 years, and have never had a problem.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• hahahaha..have i ever 'dyed' my hair red?? only a zillion times, a zillion different shades and combinations. REDS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Not for me lol! I have done many colors and red (thus far) is the only one I cannot pull off.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have red hair and wanted a brighter color red so I dyed it. Guess what... it turned purple! It was the day before picture day my sophomore year of high school. I was mortified!

O.o
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• red fades fast .. I wouldn't do it again personally some people hair take it well.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yup and I love it until it fades out and looks orange

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I tried to...but I foolishly let DH do it because he swore up and down that he knew what he was doing. He didnt. It turned bright pink lol...after a couple of days I got used to it and actually started liking it, I kept my hair pink until I found out I was pregnant...I may even go back to it once the baby is born lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have dyed it auburn, burgundy and cranberry. Not all at the same time of course. The only thing I don't like about red is it does seem to fade easily.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 12:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2011