If someones kids were terrible would tell the parent or keep it to yourself?

I babysit kids and omg they are terrible I am ready to give them up. Should I tell them why I want to stop babysitting or make up something?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would tell the truth.  Simply because I would want to know if one of my children were behaving in this manor.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree with MrsHouston. If they are in your care and are misbehaving, I think it is important that you tell their parents exactly what went on while they were away. I wouldn't want someone to lie to me and say my kids were angels if they were bad!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• And I can't spell worth a crap, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I probably wouldn't tell them, to be honest. But, I would want to know. So, the better advice is to be gutsier than me and tell. Unless you think they already know. I worked as a nanny for a little boy who had some needs that his parents definitely weren't meeting. It was exhausting. He would whine and cry about everything and throw fits. He would get so upset about his sister or my daughter touching something. Everything was a battle and all we did was play (play whatever he wanted). I didn't say anything to her because I think she already knew. She was there, how could she not know? She was a WAHM and when his tantrums would get beyond my abilities, she would come out (and usually make it worse). I just don't think I needed to tell her. That only lasted a few months.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• you sound like someone who decided to try your hand at daycare for easy money and discovered it's not so easy. Get out of daycare and do something else. No I would not tell the parent, you are the one who couldn't cut it, don't blame it on the children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• So much helpful advice given from anonymous posters. Thanks for keeping the site a helpful, supportive place for women:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would tell them, if you're having problems with them, someone else might too, and the parents should correct any problems before trying to send them back to someone else in my opinion.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Can you discuss it with the mother and together try to come up with a way to help the child. After a period then you should consider quitting.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i would tell the parent, maybe they are unsure how to handle it or something. i am always happy when someone tells me if my child was acting up when they were watching them.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would tell the parent, because I would want to know. I would also disregard anon, who has no clue.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2011