Wtf....{vent}

i was at a baby shower for a 17 year old today she had a bunch of her friends over, with their babies and little siblings, right before i left they sat all the kids in front of the tv, and put on a movie....it was the new Burlesque movie....i was disgusted that they would let the kids watch that movie, the kids were all under 6 i might add, i asked the girl who brought the movie why she brought it all she said was "there's nothing bad or gross but a guys butt in one scene" i dont care if all there is is a guys butt in the movie little kids shouldn't be watching women in skimpy clothes shake their asses and chest

sorry i just had to vent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Um. I hope the 17yo's friends weren't 17 "with babies" as well!!

But yeah, kids shouldn't be watching that crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• confusedReally??? What happened to watching a disney movie? There is a reason movies have a PG-13 rating. They are not intended for children under 13.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yeah. No. Who ever is raising the child who is having a child evidently didn't teach her that that was in appropriate. They might have just thought the music in the movie would interest the kids, but simular to my sister in law who ran into a 9yr old friend of her daughters saying that her parents let her watch CSI and Law and Order, these are the reasons that our kids have no boundries, are over sexed and desensitized to violance. It is time to start letting kids be kids and not Bratz Dolls or the like.
    Candledancer

Answer by Candledancer at 12:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• anon-well some of them were 17 and 18 with the kids but not all of them...and the girl who brought the movie is 18 and pregnant -.-

i guess before i got to the shower they had watched 8 Disney movies while i was there they watched 4 more...and then the girl walked in after leaving for an hour with that brand new movie i guess all the moms have wanted to watch it so thats why the girl went to go get it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I feel like that gives us teenage moms a bad name. I'm 18 and my LO is rarely allowed to watch tv and when she does is strictly Disney or something educational, granted she is only 1
    ibelayni

Answer by ibelayni at 12:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• well the girl who brought the movie said she wouldn't let her baby watch that movie or movies like it till it was 10 or 11 which seems to be better then the rest of them but i guess she didnt expect the other girls to put the movie on right that second
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have to agree with you on that. I have small children and I would never let them watch that.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Good Lord...some of these mama's dont have the sense God gave a worm...Why would you even bring that movie to a baby shower??? Just no sense
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i guess its part of being a parent you grow a back bone real fast.. i would have said something and even changed it... but thats just me
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 1:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree, it's not something I would let my little ones watch.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2011