Husband does... I don't... *please read*

My husband wants another child. Our first will be 3 end of this month. I don't want another one and he does. What should I do? I feel that my daughter would benefit from a sibling but I know I am selfish when I say this, but I don't want to dish out the money or energey for yet another baby. Am I in the wrong? or just being honest with myself? What should I tell my husband. (Husband is in military... gone a lot.. keep that in mind.)

USNavyWife0330

Asked by USNavyWife0330 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• You have to explain the situation to your husband...remind him that he is gone alot and that the burden (for lack of a better word) of raising the children will fall on you while he gets all the fun stuff. It wouldnt be fair to you or to the child, and your not being selfish for saying you dont want to spend the money or energy, your being practical....more mothers should think about these things before they commit to biting off more then they can chew. Good Luck Mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• For heavens' sake do NOT have another child if you don't feel 100% invested and totally committed to the idea. It is a huge burden as well as a blessing and a joy. Don't enter that situation unless you are fully prepared: and it might be a difficult pregnancy or a disabled child? Could you commit to care for him/her in ANY event? If not, then DON'T!!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Do what YOU feel is right for YOU!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Being gone a lot, he has no clue what it's really like. Perhaps you should leave him with the kids for a few days.

Do a pro/con list. But honestly, if you don't want... then DON'T.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think it's honesty.  There are days when I think What the hell was I thinking by having all of these children?!  Those days pass of course and I know that this is what I truly want.  I would want that for anyone.  I don't think your being selfish, just realistic. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• tell him you want to wait till the older one starts school... it'll buy you some time
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 1:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2011