Question for moms with daughters

what punishment do you use for a nasty attitude?
my six year old is really asking for it i swear if them eyes roll again ima snatch em out

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 12:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• The method applies to sons AND daughters. Time out, revocation of privileges.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i agree with qdiamante.... time outs are key
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 1:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I remember I said something smart mouthed to my mother once when I was about 8.....she took every toy, every distraction I had out of my room...I mean I was down to just a bed and a light bulb....for months....now this may seem harsh to alot of mothers (please no bashing my mama ladies) but I never said another smart assed thing to my mother again....ask her yourself if you don't beleive me lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:13 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• When you find out the answer, make sure and let me know lol, I've got an almost 8 year old who does the same thing!
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• @gdiamante &@miritrose thanks ladies but time outs dont really work with me and i dont really believe in them because sooner or later there back to doing what they were doing at first im not saying that it doesnt work for all kids but for my two girls time outs never worked @Lucky209 That sounds like a plan lol:) thanks
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• @gumby11883 lol i haven't found 1 yet but i told her to go clean her room and she says:Mom i don't even know why you telling me to clean it cause its just gonna get right back dirty and im getting sick and tired of cleaning it
    and i told her:Look here aint NO negotiation,aint no conversation when i tell you to do something you do what the hell i tell you and if you talk back one more time you gon be picking your teeth up off the ground

lol that was about 3 hours ago and she haven t talked back every since but im still lookn for that punishment tooo:)
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• WELL I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD & SHE ALREADY DOES ALL THAT.

MAYBE YOU COULD TAKE HER FAVORITE THING AWAY FOR A WEEK, THAT WILL PROBABLY GET TO HER THE MOST & THEN SIT HER DOWN & TELL HER WHY YOU DID IT & EXPLAIN TO HER THAT, THATS CALLED DISRESPECT. BUT I MEAN SHE'S A GIRL OBVIOUSLY SHE WILL ALWAYS HAVE HER LITTLE ATTITUDE BUT LET HER KNOW THAT YOU DONT DISRESPECT YOUR MOTHER & IF SHE KEEPS IT UP YOU WILL TAKE SOMETHING ELSE AWAY. & AGAIN IM NOT AT 6 YRS OLD YET WITH MINE & IM NOT AN EXPERT BUT THATS JUST AN IDEA, B/C WHEN I WAS ABOUT 8 I KEPT SAY WHATEVER ALONG WITH ROLLING MY EYES TO MY MOM & SHE DID THAT TO ME ALONG WITH LIKE TAPPING ( LIKE HITTING LITELY) MY MOUTH & I LEARNED VERY QUICKLY! & EVEN TILL THIS DAY I BARELY SAY WHATEVER IN A DISRESPECTFUL WAY, LOL ITS HABIT.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 3:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I like what a lot of the other moms have suggested & only need to add 1 thing. My dau who is almost 9 has been on a behavior chart for over 2 yrs now. We keep track daily for a week. Marks for Smile faces when she's caught being good, a straight or sad face (depending on severity) when shes done something wrong. Depending on the type of day, she gets 1 of those 3 faces for the day. Then depending on the week, she gets 1 of those 3 for the week. When she gets to 5 good weeks, we go shopping for a "prize". We have a set dollar amt., & she gets to pick her prize. It's great incentive & it's some nice mother/dau time too! :) GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'll admit I spank butts. One good swat on that tail brings my six year old back to reality. That's on a very bad day. But usually I use smart mouth against smart mouth, for example. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and with a pinched nerve (back) it's hard for me to bend without get stuck. So I ask her if she could pick it up for me, please. She says "it's right there you could pick it up" in my head I was strangling her...lol. But I said (in a raised voice) "run that by me again, now I'm not asking I'm telling you pick it up, and the next time I ask or tell you to do something and you get smart with me we're going to have problems" Every now and then she has to catch herself but since that incident I've gotten no smart remarks and have had to issue no butt swats!! (incident was in January)

Good luck to you.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 7:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• With each offense another privilege or item is taken away. My mom would assign chores as punishment, but I don't do that. I still feel like cleaning the house is punishment, which can make for a pretty miserable momma.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011