For moms with grown kids.....

did you make anything when your child was little that they kept through the years? My daughter still had the blanket I made her before she was born, I was shocked. I am so glad she kept good care of it.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• My oldest son kept the Christmas ornaments we made when he was 4. He shares them with his own children now and they hang on their tree.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• How lovely!! My eldest is 19 and still has a book we bought for him when he was one. He loved that book, I read it to him so many thousand times I can still remember it by heart. It's very dog-eared and love-worn, but extremely precious. It's called, "Good Night Magellan", by Lyn Calder.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes, my daughter's Grandmother made her a blanket when she was born and we still have it, although it is closed up tight in plastic because it got so ragged I couldn't wash it anymore. My daughter is now 30.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 2:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have never been a crafty person, so I never actually made anything, but I wrote them letters with praise that they keep to this day!

Answer by older at 12:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My daughter has always been destructive. Anything I gave to her, she ruined. Breaks my heart really.
    taximom42

Answer by taximom42 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Each of the kids has a plastic box with special things, toys, clothes, blankets, etc. For now they are stored here at our house. They picked some things I don't think I would have but it is their history not mine.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• yes the blanquet a pillow and some toys.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• when my oldest son drew a pitcher i knitted into sweater he still has it i still make blankets for them
    i sew pj for them all the time so just in case i am gone they can say thanks mom
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i have two grown kids b 21 g 17. i got this invite to a baby shower to my cousins daughters baby shower, so i thought that would b a nice thing for my daughter & i to go together since either 1 of us hasn't seen my cousins daughter in a while. and we could spend time with each other. so i asked her in advace, so she could not make other plans for that day. she tells me it's a 50/50 chance she might go but not sure it's not like i asked her an hr from it i gave her well in advance notice. i don't know what to think at this moment. theres a saying their cute when they walk on ur feet as a baby but when they get older they walk on ur heart... no kidding.i'm feeling the same effects with my son i was thinking the only time he wanted to have anything to do with mom was when $ was in volved. so i sent him an e~mail telling him that the bank of mom was closed was i wrong ? he needs to stand on his own two feet.
    caliwoman

Answer by caliwoman at 11:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My mom painted me a ceramic baby when I was just born. I still have it sitting on top of out T.V. :)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 9:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2011