If I weigh 115 now what will I weigh when the baby is at 9 months?

JasonsHottie

Asked by JasonsHottie at 9:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That depends on the growth of you and your baby. I weighed 110 before pregnancy, and by month 9 I weighed 165. I had a 6 pound baby, so it sucked. I also didn't show until 28 weeks, so I thought I would stay small, but I blew up like a balloon after week 32. So really it depends on your diet, exercise, and the growth of the baby. You never really can tell. Most of the time women only gain 20-35 pounds through month 9.
    mommy030507

Answer by mommy030507 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Depends on what you eat. Ideally for you a 15-25 pound gain. Probably not much more than that. But that's all I was allowed to gain. My doc is high risk specialist. The more you gain, the harder the delivery and the more you have to lose afterwards.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• OK...with my son I gained 60 lbs. With my daughter I gained 50 lbs. I got huge with my son but not with my daughter. Both were over 9 lbs. My daughter was a natural delivery (and it wasn't hard) and I didn't have much to lose after her. I was actually thinner after she was born than before I was pregnant with her. Why? I ate right. With my son I ate junk.

Eat healthy foods. Do light exercises. Don't obsess about your weight. About 30 lbs of what you gain is baby. Seriously. You have the weight of the baby + placenta + amniotic fluid + uterine lining. It adds up.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I gained over sixty with my first son, because I had toxemia, which means I was holding a LOT of water from the swelling. With my second pregnancy I only gained around 30 pounds.
    Don't go into it with an "set" goal weight. Women usually gain the most with your first pregnancy. Just enjoy the expereince of being prego...it will be over before you know it!
    Teacher_Momma

Answer by Teacher_Momma at 9:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I agree with TeacherMomma. My doctors have told me if you are a normal weight not over or under weight but a healthy normal weight that you should not need to gain more than 15-25lbs.

I gained 45 with my daughter but only because I ate like our lives depended on it daily, LOL. She was 8 lbs-1oz.
    With my son I ate much better and only gained 26lbs,
    he was 10 lbs-5oz! and no gestational diabetes, just a big boy!
    With my last daughter I only gained 17 lbs and she was 8 lbs-12oz,
    With *this pregnancy* I've only gain 12 lbs so far and I'm 30weeks. I am a high risk pregnancy and not over weight at all, but all my doctors have told me that my weight gain has been perfect for all my children (well except the first, LOL)

Each woman is different, each pregnancy is different, each child is different .... just enjoy the pregnancy, take care of yourself with exercise and eat healthy! Enjoy ... it goes way to fast!!
    AutiMama

Answer by AutiMama at 10:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• it really just depends. i know a girl who is pregnant who was about your weight and she has only gained 13 lbs and is at 32 weeks. i was about 130 when i got pregnant with my son and i got up to 168, but i lost in all in a few weeks, just like my mom. it really depends on personal things and your genes. ask your mom how she was at 9 months and it will give you a good idea of how much you will gain by then. its not a guarantee but alot of it is in the genes.
    annak4404

Answer by annak4404 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• depends on how many nighta a week you hit Baskin Robbins..LOL or the Chocholate House..or any othr empty calorie food. 25-35 lbs during pregnancy is considered 'healthy'
    Anonymous

• GURL DNT BE WORRING ABOUT THAT TAKE CARE OF UR BODY DNT STRESS OVER HOW MUCH WEIGHT U GAIN OMG!
    MOMMY2BNOV21

Answer by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• What is considered normal for weight gain is based more on your body mass index than weight. That means your height also plays a factor. My doc gave me a really good chart to figure out your pre-pregnancy BMI and a chart that uses that to show healthy weight gain and over what period of time to expect to gain that weight. I was considered healthy BMI to start with and it estimated my weight gain to be 25-35 pounds. I am 38 and a half weeks and I have gained 26 pounds. I didn't do anything special. I just ate what I wanted when I wanted while being careful not to overeat because that can make you miserable when you are pregnant. It sounds like you probably have a slender frame no matter how tall you are, so most likely you will have no problem slimming right back down after the baby is born.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I wanted to add one more thing...weight is just a number. As long as you and your baby are healthy, then you shouldn't worry about weight. So don't stress about it...whatever happens, happens
    mommy030507

Answer by mommy030507 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2008