What's the longest you've held on to something?

I'm trying to rid us of clutter and DH has an artificial tree that he's had for over 15yrs. Because he bought it with his first apt he wants to keep it. I can only throw my hands up on it since it wasn't worth the argument. What do you hold onto?

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 2:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am a mushy, sentimental person so I hang on to everything. I have so much "stuff" that I can't get rid of because of an attachment to it. Every so often I do a big gut out of everything and declutter as much as I can.

The longest I've ever held onto something though? I still have the bunny my sister gave me the day I was born. It was my very first stuffed animal and I still have it.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have all of my baby toys lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:29 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I never throw away anything until I met my husband 4 years ago. I had diaries dating back to when I was 10 years old, I am 37. The only reason I got ridof my diaries was because I came home one day and my husband was reading them. That tramatised me and I threw all away. He never understood why I was keeping diaries but he gets it now, funny thing is now I just can't write anything down as of yet. But yes everyone has something that they hold near to their heart.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 2:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Everything! Pictures, some stuffed animals, stuff from grade school, books, fabric, clothes, jewelry, nic-nacs, even this little tiger electronics little mermaid handheld game I've had since 1991. Some stuff is just too awesome to get rid of!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Oh, I've got crap in my house I've had since I was a kid. All of my little nick-nacks that I've saved, figurines, old movie ticket stubs, postcards, birthday cards, toys. I've got a cabbage patch doll that my daddy bought me for christmas when he and my mother were separated. He had always given my mother the money to buy our christmas presents from the both of them but, when they were separated he bought us christmas presents himself. He died two years later, when I was four, and I still cherish that doll that I called "Daddy Baby". I also have another doll that I've had since I was five and the bible that I was given after I was baptized when I was five. I'm a very sentimental person and I love finding things at random that bring back happy memories or, even if they bring back sad memories, I like reflecting on how far I've come.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have greeting cards from my grandparents, they are all gone so they do mean alot to me.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• If I love my hubby & he's holding onto one thing; I would let it be.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2011