When will my baby come out???

im almost 1 week overdue, @ my exam a couple days ago i was @ 2cm....im not having very many contractions. How long till i go into full blown labor????????????

bambina2590

Asked by bambina2590 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wish there was a definite answer that anyone could give you. Unfortunately you're going to hear "The baby will come when it's ready"
    The good news is that most doctors wont let you go past 2 weeks over due, so you could look at it as you'll have your baby no later than a week from now.
    Hopefully the baby comes sooner rather than later.
    I remember being at my due date and how frustrating it was to not have any sign of that baby coming out.

Every woman is different and every birth is different. No one will be able to tell you for sure. You've made it this far. :)
    Almost there!
    Good luck to you.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I was 1.5 cm for well over a month. DD was born exactly at 41 weeks. How far dilated is no indication of when you will deliver. The cm means nothing unless you are in labor.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The other Mommies are right. I have been in your shoes and made it to 41 1/2 weeks and my baby finally came. Hang in there this last part is the worst but you will get through it an completely forget about the wait.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• There's really no hurrying nature. One of my babies was nearly 3 weeks overdue, but although those three weeks were the longest three weeks of my life, her birth was easy as pie. I went into labor at 9am, birthed her at 12, and was discharged about 3pm that afternoon with a very healthy bouncing baby girl. She is now 13 and still beautiful, but also very patient. ;) *Baby dust to you*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Could still take sometime. You know, babies don't wear watches!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• There really is no answer for you...dialiation means ziltch. Every woman and every pregnancy are different. Take comfort in the fact that your babies brain will emit a hormone when it's lungs are ready and that is what will jump start labor. It's nature's way of ensuring baby is mature enough to be born.

Some women just gestate longer, I just had a friend on here who went somewhere between 43-46 weeks, there was some confusion on the dates, and gave birth to a 13 lb baby. Our bodies were built to do this! So take a deep breath and have faith that baby is putting on all the finish touches he/she needs.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• well,sometimes babies just dont want to come out.my mom told me i was supposed to be born 10 days before i was.Just wait a couple of days or mabey a few weeks and itll be out in no time.these things happen
    mom_test

Answer by mom_test at 3:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Oh no, girly, I feel so bad for you.. One of my greatest fears is going past due!! I am so afraid of being too big to get up!!! AHH!
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 11:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• with 2 of my babies i was 4cm already at 36 week GBS appt. one went to due date w induction. the other went a week late. i have a friend who was 5cm for 2 weeks before birth, without being in labor, no contractions. that said, at 41 weeks i am positive you are down to mere days anyway!
    mostlymaydays

Answer by mostlymaydays at 11:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2011