What are some good tips to overcome the pain of teething for my little guy???

My 6 month old son has been having a terrible time teething. His pedi says that he is ok so we have been doing orajel tylenol frozen rags frozen rice and oatmeal ice cubes on a spoon jello cool water frozen rags and chew rings and binkis and yet he still is cranky and is having a hard time will he ever get teeth and are we close to the end for a while or will my little guy just have to suffer like this until all of his teeth are in

Kayla-Kay

Asked by Kayla-Kay at 2:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Unfortunately that's part of it. Keep doing what you're doing. There isn't much more you can do.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Thank you even though I can't take away his pain I wish I could.....
    Kayla-Kay

Comment by Kayla-Kay (original poster) at 2:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Life-saver for me with my daughter was homeopathic teething tablets. I wish I'd had them with my older kids. They do have belladonna, so use with caution, but they work brilliantly with my baby girl.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:40 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• when my daughters were teething I went to the pharmacist and asked what he recommends. Well he recommended that I use this thing called Humphries baby teething. This item was very useful in my childrens teething process along with ice chips and a cold teething ring. I hope this was useful.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 2:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• start slow,like give him chewy toys he won't choke on.Once he's ready,give him something tough,like a small piece of steak,and make sure he chews it fully.
    mom_test

Answer by mom_test at 2:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• WELL THE ONLY THING I EVER TRIED WAS ORGANIC TEETHING TABLETS, I GOT THEM AT WAL-MART OR MY LOCAL GROCERY STORE, & THEY WORKED FOR MY DAUGHTER.

ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 3:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Thank you for all of the advice. I am very grateful to all of you.
    Kayla-Kay

Comment by Kayla-Kay (original poster) at 7:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• they have teething gels that you can buy--I used baby oragel on my boys

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes baby orajel is amazing it just wears off so quickly and I'm honestly afraid that if I give him the orajel to often that he will overdose its the same with the tylenol. He only gets orajel every 4-8 hours and tylenol every 8 hours. Thankyou for the advice
    Kayla-Kay

Comment by Kayla-Kay (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• So sorry your baby is so uncomfortable :(

When my son was teething I got one of those self feeders - looks like a pacifier handle with a netting bag that you screw onto it. We would put frozen fruit in it - peaches, bananas, etc. and that always seemed to make him feel better.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011