What Will My Daughter act like? adult content

It's my first month pregant,and Ashley is due in December.I'm scared of what she'll be like.Will she be a good child,always does her homework & listen to me and her father?Or will she just be a bad child with bad additude.If she is,what do I do?She'll beat the hell out of me when she's one of those stupid teenagers.She's going to ask for all the latest things,which will probaly be cellphones,laptops,ipods,and whatever else they have.Will she beg to watch shows for audults?(Like Family Guy)I'm so nervous.Me & Phil promise not to swear around the children until their old enough to swear.What am I going to do?!

mom_test

Asked by mom_test at 2:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your child will model your behavior.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You never know what you are going to get. It's o.k., it's normal to be nervous. You do your best to guide them in the right direction and then you have to let go and let life happen.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• True true. Treat your child with love and respect, and that's the kind of child you will raise. Try to control and dominate her, she will resent you. Keep communication open, especially LISTEN to her. Try to understand WHY she does what she does, rather than be pissed if she annoys you. Look into different parenting approaches. I personally advocate Attachment Parenting. you obviously care a great deal, so I'm sure she will be a credit to you and a joy.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I just my 1st and only baby girl who is now 2. She was COMPLETELY unexpected, but very much welcome, after it took approx 3 months, 4 ultra sounds later to sink into my thick head I was 100% prego! I was told I wouldn't have kids cause I had endometriosis so bad. So when i got pregnant, the same thoughts went thru my head. Especially given I didn't have the best of role models growing up. But my dd is growing up like a weed, she is safe, content, well adjusted 2 yr old. The 1st few months I didn't think I was gonna make it! Finding this website is a blessing for me, I just wish I knew this site existed back then!! Anyway good luck, and don't let the nerves and the normal panic of new parent syndrome get the best of u and u can't enjoy your precious baby girl. Besides, baby clothes shopping is sooo fun! Little girls have the cutest clothes compared to little boys!! Or at least I think so!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:14 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• chill out, just do your best, and remember monkey see, monkey do...
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 3:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Chances are there will be times that she is defiant, doesn't want to do her homework, and wants to do things she can't, and have things her friends get. Those things won't make her a bad kid, just a human one. My daughter is 12 now. We've gone through all that. But we've also seen her work hard, offer to help just to be kind, and accept no as an answer calmly and rationally.
    The trick is to remember that she is a person, and prone to the same mistakes and weaknesses as the rest of us, Especially as she grows up and logic is still forming. Just set a good example and focus on the values that are most important to your family, she should turn out fine despite the road occasionally being rocky.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 4:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It doesn't matter what you do, at some point kids are going to do what they're going to do. There is no way to predict what she's going to be like right now. It depends on environment, personality, intelligence, and many other factors that you cannot predict or control. Don't worry so much.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Ha! Ha! you are pretty nervous. Hope for the best that once your baby becomes a teenager, he/she knows what is what and act accordingly....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:25 AM on Mar. 5, 2011