is this mom serious on craigslist?

ok so i always go on craigslist looking for baby dvds for my son. well i saw a post for someone in need. i read it and couldnt believe it! this girl is young and pregnant and wants only new stuff for her child because shes afraid of germs! and she wants them for free!!!!!! no used clothes. i understand its hard to have a baby since i have one but i dont understand whats wrong with used baby stuff? i buy a lot for cheap at a store in town that are soo adorable and when my baby grows out of them i just sell them back to the store.
what are some moms scared of about used baby items ? i mean there is disinfecting cleaners and bleach!!!
oh and that lady on tyra yesterday spending 600 for her babys outfit?? crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't know if she is for real. If you buy used clothes wash them. You should wash new ones. New stuff have germs as well. You don't know what kid played with the toy at the store or who put it in their mouths.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• post the link can you I have to see this lol

Anonymous

• idk I prefer new things that no one elses baby has been on.
    Anonymous

• yeah but do you ask for them for free

Anonymous

• Nope, unless you include baby shower lmao.
    Anonymous

• I saw an ad on craigslist asking for free clothes for 4 yo twins that were in need...it went on to say that they only had one pair of pants!?! Does that mean that when one has pants on the other is 1/2 naked? I know there are people in need, but it seems that some of these have to be scams!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like ,she thnks she is to good for something used,well I have news for her get out get a job,like me and most moms have to.To have the nerve to say free give me a break!
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'd like new free clothes for my kids also. And while your sending me those, could you throw in some new free shoes as well?.....Thanks so much for helping me out!!!!

P.S. I'm naked and coiuld use some new free clothes also. I'm currently in between sizes, so send me sizes 9-14...Thanks

Thanks for the laugh. The nerve of people.....LMAO!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Some people are that crazy and stupid... poor child hope it takes after dad and he's smarter and more sane, lol. To be honest I have no problem with picky people, especially if they have the money... BUT don't ask for it for free, and don't be picky about cheap stuff either, just be grateful if you get a nice item cheap.  That lady sounded like she hadn't reached planet earth, home of the "If you work your arse off then you will get... otherwise don't complain".

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My hubby didn't want used things espically bibs and clothes that there could be spit up or puke/poop on. I didn't care. I have loved kids and worked in a day care so I'm used to all the bodily fluids! He found it gross though. I do agree with not buying a used car seat or crib type stuff b/c the condition is very important, but clothes? seriously, who cares! I sneaked a few used ones in w/o my hubby knowing.
    Anonymous