6 weeks pregnant and wondering

Okay i have gotten a lot of answers about being pregnant and not really feeling pregnant. I guess my fear is of miscarrying with no symptoms. Is there really any way to know you are still pregnant and growing? I need somethign to ease my mind.

Ashley.herzing

Asked by Ashley.herzing at 2:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• every one is different. wait until you go to doctor.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 2:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Unless you have a medical history that would warrant a very early ultrasound, there is really nothing to do but wait for your first doctor appointment. Once a heartbeat has been detected, your chances of carrying to term are pretty good. But miscarriages happen, and early miscarriages are very common. I'm not saying that to scare you, so I'm sorry if it does. But I just want you to know that if it's going to happen, there is nothing you can do about it, so why spend this present moment toruring yourself with worry? Try to distract yourself and think positive. All you can do is wait and see.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• NOT REALLY BESIDES HOME PREGNANCY TESTS.
    BUT EVEN THEN YOUR BODY CAN STILL PRODUCE PREGNANCY HORMONES AFTER YOU MISCARRY.
    JUST SEEING YOUR DR WILL EASE YOUR MIND.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• There really isn't a way to be sure until you've had your first doctor's appointment. Early miscarriages are normal, but as long as you are taking prenatal vitamins (or a double does of kid vitamins), not engaging in dangerous pregnancy behavior (drinking, smoking, rough sex, strenuous activity), eating healthily and taking care of yourself, you are doing everything you can. Normally your first appointment will include an ultrasound, and once you see the little jellybean your mind will ease... slightly.

Try to relax, and listen to your body. Stress isn't good for anyone, and it applies more to pregnant women. Good luck, and congrats!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 3:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• There isn't much, I had bleeding at 6 and 7 weeks so we got ultra sounds then. After that we were able to hear the heartbeat (at 7 weeks we did) at 6 weeks it was the ER and they don't say ANYTHING to you. I didn't "feel" pregnant except for once I got morning sickness. So it is hard and remember that you may not even feel anything for a while. I am 21 weeks and today was the first day for me. If you haven't had any signs of miscarrage you should be good to go.
    mrsjvz2

Answer by mrsjvz2 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008