Not completely sure....

My boyfriend who was previously an atheist came to me when I was having ahard time and suggested we pray together. Of cousre I was so happy. But I have never prayed any way but alone is there a right or wrong way to do a group prayer?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No there is no real way to pray you just do what comes from your heart. Its the same whether youre alone or with him, or a group. I know we hold hands when we pray.

Answer by gemgem at 2:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• That is so sweet! I actually teared up a little. There is no wrong way to pray.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• That's right. You can pray silently or out loud taking turns. Mainly, just do what gemgem said, let it come from your heart. Maybe ask the Holy Spirit to guide you.
    T.C.38

Answer by T.C.38 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• nope, as long as you feel it in your heart and soul, you must be doing something right.
    Anonymous

• The point of prayer is to talk to your god(ess). No matter if you are doing this alone or in a group you just have to open yourself and let it out... Talk honestly and openly. Weather you do so aloud or quietly all that matters is that you are open. The gods know us better than we know ourselves and know what we need... They are simply waiting for us to ask.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• when you pray you always need your prayer with in Jesus name okay? Also have you and your hubby been saved? message me if you want to know more about it .God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• There is power in prayer big or small....you can rest assured knowing that you can talk to God any where at any time in any way and He hears you. Psalm 38:15 says "In You, O Lord, do I hope; You will answer, O Lord my God. Psalm 34:4,15 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears....The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry.

TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 3:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Just kneel, hold hands and go for it.
    No right or wrong way.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I believe if you pray with all your hearts, it doesn't matter. There is no wrong way.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Just pray believing that you'll receive an answer. That's all that is required.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2008