This past week I bought a 50, 32, and 27 inch flat screen tv, do you think I went overboard?

How would you husband respond to your frequent shopping? My husband took most of the cards and I have a spending lim

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 3:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• I think you may be addicted to shopping and need to get help! Does he know you were going to get that many tvs?
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would ask myself why I felt a need to buy so much.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Did all the tvs in your house blow up. Are you manic? He is absolutely right and I think that you know it. I do not know your finances and position but you could very well be putting your family in danger.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would not go that over board when I go shopping! I usaully let him know when I am going to buy something big. As a matter of fact he goes with me when we buy our tv, wii, xbox, and everything else that was big ticket items.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I do think you did. Three tv's in one weekend? That's a bit absurd to me.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Oh man. In my home, you;d be credit card free!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We have one, 23" TV in our house, that is rarely on.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes I am manic and I do have a shopping addiction. The reason I bought so many was because we moved and I donated the old ones to the shelter for abused women. My therapist said I should have purchased one at a time instead of all at once. When I am manic it takes a lot to get through to me but my hubby understood. I am working on the shopping addiction so I won't get us in any problems.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I don't know why anyone would want 3 TVs . We have one and we don't watch it much .

Having said that, I like shopping but my husband keeps me on a tight rein and when I overspend my cards are taken away and I am reduced to a modest weekly allowance . He shops with me often to make sure I behave and I am not allowed to buy anything online .

janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011