Does giving birth hurt?

mom_test

Asked by mom_test at 4:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, very much so. But it's more like an insane amount of pressure in your perineum area. Not like a sharp pain. It's doable.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• WTF is wrong with you? Is this your first baby? When I had my daughter I thought it would never end.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It hurts very much. But it is a pain that you know will end. And it has a wonderful ending.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes. But remember that it's pain with a purpose: to get you somewhere safe and get Baby out. It's intermittent, and there is an end in sight ( even if it doesn't feel that way at the time). There are many ways to manage the pain, from epidurals and fentanyl to breathing, massage, water and hypnosis. Do your research, and figure out what you think will work best for you! Women have been doing thi ls for generations, and you'll be just fine I'm sure. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I had an epidural. I was Lucy in the sky with diamonds. My grandmother said that my baby would be born stoned.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes it hurts like hell! you are pushing a watermelon thru a hole that usually handles a zuchinni
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:28 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I remember that it hurt like hell, but can't really recall the actual pain. Mostly I just remember finally meeting my babies and the nurse that pissed me off. Don't worry, it's not as bad as it seems :)
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes, but its totally worth it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• of course it does, silly. having a period hurts, too. but they get over and done with, and you move on. same with the baby. honestly, dd is seven months old, and i barely remember the pain. giving birth was an awesome experience, and i can't wait to do it again. you'll be just fine, sweetie
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 6:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Is this a joke question? If so then no. It feels like the opposite of giving birth.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 6:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2011