What brand of pregnancy test did you use?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I used the hotdog method. The first time my father cooked a hot dog with me in the room and I had to run to the bathroom to throw up. My mother rushed me to the gyno the next day.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I don't remember because I used 4 different kinds. I was so excited I thought they couldn't be right so I just kept trying different kinds until I believed it.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 6:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I read on Yahoo that the Dollar Store ones are just as reliable.
    They did not have them when I was pregnant.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I used a cheap stick prego test.... you dip in a cup... They are all the same You dont need to spend more than a dollar on one..
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• a doctor had tested me as a routine i was at the doctors for a bladder infection and they have to test for pregnancy. turns out i had a mild bladder infection but i was 3 wks pregnant. sometimes i wish they hadn't told me cuz i was doing just fine on the nasuea just always thought i was hungry but i guess its better that they told me.
    dory_girl88

Answer by dory_girl88 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• First response!!
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 9:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Indeed First Response, only because I used that for my first pregnancy and it seemed to be right. I was tempted to try the dollar store ones though, probably still going to try it :)
    Love138

Answer by Love138 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The first test I used was First Response & got a VERY faint positive, so I went & bought 3 more lol, The 2nd was E.P.T & also got a VERY faint positive, the Dollar store one gave me a negative & the last one I took was Clear Blue & it gave me a BFP!!!, Then I went to my OB who confirmed my pregnancy! =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I used the ones from Save A Lot grocery store that are $1 each. They worked too!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• BTW it doesn't really matter the name brand of the test. What matters is the sensitivity level of the test. Here is a link that explains it:
    http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity-comparison.html
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011